So today was supposed to be Justin's last work day of the weekend and instead he overslept and called in. So we decided to head to Louisville to check out a Jeep Cherokee that he found on craigslist.org. We test drove it and looked it over and told the "kid" that Justin would let him know what his offer was. Justin was worried about the color...it's blue but appears purple in the sunlight. I like it! I think that's what he was afraid of...a girlie car lol. So we left there (a baptist church where we met the owner who teaches a small group bible study and guitar lessons) and shopped around at a few places. Finally headed to O'Charley's for dinner (we were both good since we're on this new diet where the stakes are high;) and after much deliberation Justin decided to text the owner an offer of $2900. Originally asked $3800 and got him down to $3200 before we left the first time. But due to it having some issues and scratches/dents Justin felt he couldn't go any higher than the $2900. The offer was excepted and we headed back to the church for one last test drive. We're heading back to Louisville tomorrow so Justin can pay and get it transfered. I think it's a good investment. More room and 4WD for winter.
So on the way home I asked Justin to get in my glove department in the car and get my "The Love Dare" book out that he and I did last fall. I wanted to not forget it and go through it to remember some things to add to this blog that I have forgotten. He started reading some of it and it brought up a conversation of how we truly loved working through that book and felt it contributed to a solid Christ-like foundation for our budding relationship at the time. We agreed we needed to do something like this again. Justin brought up the idea of what if we do The Love Dare again and not look at the old one. See what different things it brings up and brings us back to that time. I thought it was a great idea so we stopped by Walmart on the way home and bought the only two books they had. Meant to be? I think so.
No comments:
Post a Comment